Monday, November 26, 2012

Frosty Fog

It snowed more last night.  Then the fog moved in and it got cold.  Freezing fog. 

 By the time the sun came up the fog had lifted and the thermometer was sitting at zero.  













 What a wonderful way to start the day!

Gus wants to tell you his Tale About A Tail.

Mom and I were doing outside stuff all afternoon.  We had a good time.  Splitting wood and checking the sheeps and feeding everyone and filling water tanks.  I was pretty excited still when we were ready to come in the house.  I tried to get through the door first  was right behind Mom.  All of a sudden I was attacked.  ATTACKED! In my own doorway.  The monster had my tail crushed between it's jaws.  It was going to bite it off!  And it wouldn't let me go!  It really hurt  and I was, um, scared.  I um, well, peed on the porch.  Mom rescued me though.  And wasn't even mad about puddles on the porch.  I had to have 4 cookies, had to sit on Mom's lap for a long time, and had to have a good hide nap in my crate.  Mom says it was the door and that it bit me 'cus I was being pushy about getting inside.  But I know.  It was probably the Bombable snow man.  I've heard about them.  They eat dogs.  'Specially Border Collies.
Just thinking about it makes me need another nice nap.




4 comments:

  1. Those trees are picture perfect. As for my watercolor skies...I love painting with watercolors too (so do most of my students). What a great medium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. Poor Gus. I think most dogs could tell a tail tale, especially those with lovely sweeping collie tails and skirts. My old Ruby had a story about a honey bee tangled in her tail who buzzed whenever she tried to sit down... after that she hid under the porch whenever I got out the bee veil and gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cold days like that...to look at...I really hate having to work and do chores in them!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Gus... ;-) The trees are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete