Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Catching Up

Good Grief!  It's been a month since I posted anything.  How did that happen?  Well, partly because I turned into a mushroom and partly because it's just been busy.

Spring is here, finally, and things are greening up a bit.  We need rain and some nights that are a bit warmer for grass to really grow.  We are all worried about summer grass.

My hay barley is up, just, but won't last unless something falls from the sky.  The cows and sheep don't get hay now, and the sheep have finally discovered the joys of the hay field. They head out on their own in the morning and spend some time grazing before coming home for a nap until evening.

Most importantly, we got sheared!




Remember these renegades?





Just look at us now!



And this little fluff ball?



All dressed up ( or is it down?) for the summer and ready to catch some rays. Miss Ginny, you are some sheep!



And Mr. Lewis?



Looking mighty  handsome!  And for some reason, much smaller!  Lewis has some really looong fleece.

Shearer Shannon did a wonderful job and the sheeps are all very happy.
I will be better about posting and taking some better pictures.










9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was just looking at your skirting table. Cool! With all these fleeces to tend to, I think I'll do the same.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've been reading and keeping up. You just amaze me with your farrier skills!

      Delete
  3. Bet the sheep are much happier now .......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! You are back!!!!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete