Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lunch With The Ladies


Today I had lunch with The Ladies.  That's Aunt Barb trying to hide in the corner on the right.




We had a wonderful time.  Good food and a nice visit and decided we need to do this again in January.  I had a wonderful time.

It was a nice relaxing day in town.  Before I met the ladies I stopped at my favorite LYS, Wild Purls.  Needed yarn for Boiled Fisherman's Mittens.  NEEDED.  Terrible time keeping my hands warm.  But who can walk out with just one bit of yarn?  Not me!  Got some to try twined knitting with.  I do have one more thrummed mitten to finish too, but where is it written that there must only be one project on the needles at a time?  NOWHERE!

The first thrummed mitten resting on today's purchases.


Mitten with the thrums turned out for viewing.


The dark purple is Cascade Echo + and the red is Ella Rae.  I'll use the purple for the felted mittens.

I've gotten comfy in sweats and slippers, have a fire going and a nice batch of yarn.  I think I might sit down and knit.

































  








2 comments:

  1. Your mittens look really good! I'm just trying my hand a loom knitting. It doesn't move as fast as needles, that is for sure.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

    ReplyDelete